NAPA AUTOCARE NATIONWIDE PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY – TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Note: This warranty runs consecutively with our local warranty. Please ask your service representative for more information.
WHO MAKES THIS WARRANTY:
This warranty is extended only to you, the original purchaser, and not to anyone who may purchase your automobile from you during the term of the warranty. This warranty is made by the Independent Dealer who is so named on the repair order, and who performed the service/repairs on your vehicle. This warranty will be honored by any NAPA AutoCare Dealer participating in the program or other repairing facility authorized anywhere in the United States. This warranty is not a warranty by National Automotive Parts Association (NAPA), its employees, jobbers, member companies, or the administrator, Ameraan. Inc.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY:
This warranty covers the following types of repairs and services:
- Air conditioning, heating and climate control systems
- Brake system
- Engine cooling system
- Starting and charging systems
- Engine performance, driveability diagnosis and repair
- Electrical system
- Emission control system
- Exhaust system
- Fuel systems
- Ignition system
- Electronic engine management system, other on-board computer systems (engine, body, brake and suspension computers) and cruise control systems
- Steering/suspension systems, wheel bearings, CV joints/U-joints half-shafts and driveshafts
- Clutches, clutch components assembly repair or replacement
- Other minor repairs
The AutoCare Center warrants that the above repairs and services performed at this location will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for twelve months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first, measured from the date of the repair and the odometer reading shown on the repair order. The warranty is conditioned on the vehicle being subjected only to normal, non-commercial use and receiving reasonable and necessary maintenance during the warranty period. Warranty repair costs shall in no case exceed the costs of the original repair or service. If there is a defect in either materials or workmanship within the warranty period, the Dealer shall have the option to either perform remedial service work at no charge to you, replace the defective warranted part(s) without charge to you or refund the entire charge for the warranted repairs, minus any previous refund.
WHERE YOU CAN OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE:
If you are less than 25 miles away from the originating repairing NAPA AutoCare “Peace of Mind” Warranty Program location, you must return your car to the NAPA AutoCare location where the warranted service was performed and present your copy of the repair order to the AutoCare Center. If you are unable to return to the NAPA AutoCare “Peace of Mind” Warranty Program location, then you may take your vehicle to any participating location authorized to perform such work in your area. If you are not aware of a participating NAPA AutoCare location in your area, then you must call the NAPA AutoCare Warranty Center, at 1-800-452-NAPA, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Saturday. The Warranty Center will direct you to the nearest participating NAPA AutoCare location. If there are no such locations authorized to perform such work in your area, the Warranty Center will direct you to an authorized non-NAPA AutoCare Warranty Program location.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY:
You must, of course, pay for any non-warranty service you order to be performed at the same time as the warranty service. This warranty will not apply to your repaired vehicle if it has been damaged by abnormal use, misuse, neglect, accident, alteration or “tampering with” (by other than the AutoCare Center or the Auto Care Center’s employees). The AutoCare Center’s employees and/or agents do not have authority to modify the terms of this warranty or to make any promises in addition to those contained in this warranty. This warranty does not in any way include incidental or consequential damages (additional expenses which you may incur as the result of faulty repair or service). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS EXCLUDED FROM THIS NATIONWIDE WARRANTY:
This warranty does not cover repair(s) or replacement(s) except as listed in the section “What Is Covered by this Warranty,” even though the Independent AutoCare Center may offer other services. Specifically excluded are any repairs involving replacement or removal of internally lubricated parts and other such repairs as listed below:
- Engine: Any internal repairs or component replacement of internal components or replacement of engine assembly.
- Transmission, Transaxles: Automatic – any internal repair or component replacement requiring the removal of the automatic transmission or transaxle from the vehicle or disassembly of the same. Manual — any internal repair or component replacement requiring the removal of internally lubricated components or replacement of the drive axle/differential assembly.
- Drive Axle/Differential Assembly: Any repair or component replacement requiring the removal of internally lubricated components or replacement of the drive axle/differential assembly.
- Ring gear, pinion shaft and related gears
- Associated bearings with above
- Pinion seal
- Auto Body, Paint, Molding Repair: Any repair or materials related to auto body repair work. Glass-related repairs